Water District Enterprise System
SB 272 – Enterprise System Catalog
Senate Bill 272 approved on October 11, 2015, adds a section to the California Public Records Act (CPRA) that requires local agencies such as the Lost Hills Water District (LHWD) to create a catalog of Enterprise Systems by July 1, 2016.
An Enterprise System is a software application or computer system that collects, stores, exchanges, and analyzes information that the agency uses that is:
- A multi-departmental system or a system that contains information collected about the pubic; and
- A system that serves as an original source of data within an agency.
An Enterprise System does not include any of the following:
- Information technology security systems, including firewall and other cybersecurity systems.
- Physical access control systems, employee identification management systems, video monitoring, and other physical control systems
- Infrastructure and mechanical control systems, including those that control or manage street lights, electrical, natural gas, or water or sewer functions.
- System related to 911 dispatch and operation or emergency services.
- Systems that would be restricted from disclosure by Section 6254.19 of the CPRA.
- The specific records that the information technology system collects, stores, exchanges or analyzes.
CPRA requires agencies such as LHWD to:
- Create a catalog of enterprise systems, containing:
- Current system vendor
- Current system product
- Systems purpose
- A description of categories or types of data
- The department that is the prime custodian of the data
- The frequency that system data is collected
- The frequency that system data is updated.
- To make the catalog publicly available upon request
- To post the catalog in a prominent location on the agency’s website
Exception: If the public interest served by not disclosing the information described clearly outweighs the public interest served by disclosure, the local agency may instead provide a system name, brief title, or identifier of the system.
Lost Hills Water District
ENTERPRISE SYSTEM CATALOG
|Vendor Name||Product||Purpose||Types of Data||Custodian||Collection Frequency||Update Frequency|
|Adobe||Acrobat||Document Production||Documents||Administrative Services||As Needed||As Needed|
|Autocad||Autodesk||Design of Infrastructure||Infrastructure Designs and Plans||Engineering||As Needed||As Needed|
|eCopy||eCopy Paperworks||Document Production||Documents||Administrative Services||As Needed||As Needed|
|Intuit||Quickbooks||Billing||Billing||Administrative Services||As Needed||As Needed|
|Microsoft||Exchange||Administrative Services||As Needed||As Needed|
|Microsoft||Office||Document Production||Documents||Administrative Services||As Needed||As Needed|
|WSI||Website||District Website||Documents and District Information||Administrative Services||As Needed||As Needed|
LHWD is unable to post other enterprise systems because they are associated with security and Protected Critical Infrastructure related to the District’s water systems.
Download a PDF of the Lost Hills Water District’s Enterprise System Catalog here.